- Adhesion: 320 ounces per inch (to stainless steel test panel)
- Tensile Strength: 90 pounds per inch (longitudinal)
- Thickness: 50 mils (carrier, adhesive, liner) 45 mils (carrier, adhesive) 5 mils (liner)
- Dynamic Overlap Shear: 80 pounds per square inch
- Carrier/Backing: closed-cell acrylic foam
3M 5952 Heavy Duty Mounting VHB Tape is black, double-coated VHB adhesive tape with an acrylic foam core. A modified acrylic adhesive is on both sides of very conformable foam which provides adhesion to the broadest range of substrates/surfaces, including most powder coated paints. It comes on a red film release liner.
3M VHB Tape provides the convenience and simplicity of a tape fastener and is ideal for use in many interior and exterior bonding applications. In many situations, they can replace rivets, spot welds, liquid adhesives, and other permanent fasteners. Recommended using 4 square inches of 5952 VHB tape for every 1 pound of load; although rough surfaces may require additional tape. These VHB tapes are made with an acrylic foam which is viscoelastic in nature. This gives the foam energy absorbing and stress relaxing properties which provides these tapes with their unique characteristics. The acrylic chemistry provides outstanding durability performance and the tapes have excellent durability and excellent solvent and moisture resistance. See http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/Adhesives/Tapes/Brands/3M-VHB-Tape/ for videos showcasing the properties of VHB tape. Made in the U.S.
NOTES: As with any adhesive tape product it is always the user’s responsibility to determine that the product is suitable for their intended use; e.g. if you want to remove a product cleanly from a specific type of substrate please test on an inconspicuous area first.
Technical Information• Core: 3-inch diameter
• Backing/Carrier: closed-cell acrylic foam
• Adhesive: modified acrylic
• Release Liner: red PE film
• Thickness: 50 mils (carrier, adhesive, liner) 45 mils (carrier, adhesive) 5 mils (liner)
• Adhesion: 320 ounces per inch (to stainless steel test panel)
• Tensile Strength: 90 pounds per inch (longitudinal)
• Application Temperature: 50F to 100F